Shoulders Of Titans Podcast Interview #022 with Ziad Abdelnour:
Ziad K. Abdelnour is a Wall Street Financier, Author, Philanthropist, Activist, Lobbyist, Oil & Gas Trader & President & CEO of Blackhawk Partners, Inc., a New York based private equity “family office” that focuses on originating, structuring, advising and acting as equity investor in management-led buyouts, strategic minority equity investments, equity private placements, consolidations, buildups, and growth capital financing in companies and projects based both in the US and emerging markets and the trading of key physical commodities.
Mr. Abdelnour is also Founder & Chairman of the Board of the Financial Policy Council ; a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization designed to give its select group of supporters the opportunity to have direct face-to-face dialogue with the nation’s quintessential power brokers and policymakers.
Since 1985, Mr. Abdelnour has been involved in over 125 transactions worth in aggregate over $10 billion in the investment banking, high yield bond and distressed debt markets and has been widely recognized for playing an integral role in those three key market sectors.
Mr. Abdelnour also serves on the Advisory board of DPG Investments, a recognized premier multi strategy global merchant banking, alternative investment, management and advisory firm.
On a more personal level, Mr. Abdelnour, former President of the Arab Bankers Association of North America, is the author of “Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics” ; a best seller manuscript written for investors that need to navigate the troubled geopolitical waters of the post-crisis world and a prolific writer for 100+ entrepreneurial and financial publications advising and educating investors in private equity, hedge funds, crowdfunding, Sovereign Wealth Funds, fund-of-funds, angel networks, venture capital and family offices.
Mr. Abdelnour is also a regular speaker on Private Equity, Physical Commodities trading and Middle East geo-political analysis at industry conferences & TV outlets nationwide including but not limited to Fox News, Newsmax, etc…and a key “influencer” in his own right having a hard core constituency of over 2 million viewers having read his blog postings and analyses since January 2014.
Mr. Abdelnour holds an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS in Economics, Summa Cum Laude, from the American University of Beirut.
To learn more about Ziad, visit: http://www.blackhawkpartners.com
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- How to use “unrecognized intelligence” to create a compelling value proposition to investors while crushing your competition in the shortest time possible
- Why an entrepreneur who has went bankrupt 3 times in 3 different businesses is more likely to be funded for a fourth business than a Harvard Business School MBA with no failures
- How to use a military approach in business to instantly minimize risk and secure big returns
- The one fatal mistake that is biggest and most threatening factor of any deal… whether you’re a buyer, a seller, an entrepreneur or a financier… it’s the same mistake that MUST be avoided!
- How to attract “the mighty and the powerful” to invest in you… by using a proven-way of talking that works with wealthy people (and not the masses) to command respect and get attention
- Why the entrepreneur who thinks of “business in terms of war” ultimately wins in business
- The way to wealth: how to profit wildly using “wealth-creation secrets” that are time-tested and practiced by all of the wealthiest capitalists in American history
- The one reason why the smartest people are never the richest… and the true signs of an individual who has the potential to be rich
- Discover insider tips and strategies used to establish relationships with powerful and ultra-affluent people
- The “5 Critical Criteria Of A Perfect Investment”… and why considerations of the geography, the industry and the technology of a business are often irrelevant to the funding process
- Why there is no more longer any “dumb money” from the late 1990’s and what the real rules of business and investing are today
- And much, much more!
Full Transcript of Interview:
“Economic Warfare” by Ziad Abdelnour
“At the end of the day, everything that you want to do in life takes money to do.”
“You have two types of people in the world: you have the players and the observers.”
“Be very arrogant with the mighty and the powerful and be very nice and down to earth with everyone else.”
“I’m amazed by how many smart entrepreneurs are awkward.”
“The smartest people are the ones who can swallow their ego without losing respect and get things done.”
“Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.”
“In business, never lower your standards.”
“The richest people in the world look for and build networks. Everyone else looks for work.”
“You can be the smartest guy in the world, but it doesn’t mean you’re going to be the richest.”
“You learn from your mistakes, you learn from your failures. You don’t learn from your successes.”
“If you want to change the planet, you have to change yourself.”
“Every transaction you do is all about the people, people and people.”
“The longer you live, the more money you’ll make.”