Shoulders Of Titans Podcast Interview #031 with Keith Cunningham:
From a school boy entrepreneur to a billion dollar deal maker, Keith Cunningham’s reputation precedes him as a negotiator and capitalist who has done over $1 Billion worth of deals (including over two hundred deals in excess of $1 million each)!
Keith started his first business when he was 11, door-to-door egg delivery. After he graduated, he took a job at a small struggling Cable Television company which ultimately became one of the largest cable television companies in the United States.
At the same time, real estate was booming so he shifted his focus and made even more money. In the process, he also personally guaranteed over $100,000,000 in debt. He never saw it coming and when the bubble burst, he was forced to declare personal bankruptcy. He was broke, unemployed and in the process of getting a divorce.
While searching for a way to restart his life, a friend called needing some expert advice in turning around his company. After solving his business and financial woes, Keith continued getting calls from other people who had heard about him and his ability to solve massive business problems.
His “business surgery” practice was very handsomely rewarded and he very quickly rebuilt his net worth.
Keith Cunningham bounced back from bankruptcy and now teaches others to rebuild their businesses from the ground up. Keith is an expert at helping business owners turn fledgling businesses into highly profitable companies with explosive growth. He has extensive experience helping both small and large business owners turn their organizations into perennial cash cows.
His experience with business and investments shows and he is able to see it from all possible points of view – from getting money to start a company, to big operations, to evaluations of companies, to investments in companies and markets.
Eventually, Robert Kiyosaki approached Keith to write a course about getting out of the rat race which eventually morphed into the book “Rich Dad, Poor Dad,” changing millions of lives. The opportunity Robert gave him reignited his passion for teaching and financial education. He now spends his time doing what he loves, running businesses, investing and teaching regularly with Tony Robbins, T. Harv Eker and Robert Kiyosaki.
Visit Keith Cunningham’s Website: www.keystothevault.com
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- The highly controversial, true story of Robert Kiyosaki and the shocking beginning of “Rich Dad Poor Dad” (spoiler alert: real-life rich-dad revealed… and he’s not from Hawaii!)
- How to structure a successful business with a CEO and “The Mama”… and why “The Mama” is more important (and therefore paid more) than the CEO
- The step-by-step blueprint to creating a company with an addiction to high performance and producing high profits
- How to avoid the deadly “Dumb Tax” – the most expensive tax any entrepreneur can ever pay
- The life-changing “3-Circle Exercise” for listeners wanting a lifetime of easy-money, fun and passion
- The embarrassingly, easy-to-implement strategy to get 2x to 50x more revenue in a business without increasing a single customer… and with zero additional marketing
- The world’s ONLY business launch-strategy that instantly puts you ahead of 97% of businesses (in the entire world) in revenue, cash-flow and customer base starting right from day 1 in business… guaranteed to impress ANYONE you reveal it to
- The 5-letter word that is the #1 most important skill of a successful an entrepreneur (most start off knowing this, but forget within the first year in business)
- The one BIG lie 99% of business-owners tell themselves when looking at high revenues and big profits in their company
- Business success principles: The massive business-boom happening in the 3-5 years triggered by retiring baby boomers (and how you can quickly cash-in before anyone else)
- And much, much more!
Full Transcript of Interview:
- Workshop “How to Buy or Exit a Business” by Keith Cunningham
- Workshop “4-Day MBA” by Keith Cunningham
- “The ultimate blueprint for an insanely successful business” by Keith Cunningham
- “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki
- “Cash Flow Quadrant” by Robert Kiyosaki
- “Stop Wasting Time” by Keith Cunningham
“The problem is being in love with your idea, product, or business is not the formula for being successful at business.”
“To me, business is not a bathrobe. It’s not a one-size-fits-all.”
“A business owner needs to have a blood test and a CAT scan and an MRI in order for them to be able to know how they’re really doing as well.”
“The name of the book is Think and Grow Rich. The name of the book is not Use Your Emotions and Grow Rich. The name of the book is not Dim the Lights, Hold Hands, Sing Kum-ba-yah, and a Sack Full of Money Will Fall on Your Head. That’s not the name of the book. The name of the book is Think.”
“Answer it to yourself. “How big would my business be if I still had every customer who ever tried me?”
“Here’s another growth question: If 100% of your future growth was by referral only, how would you run your business?”
“What gets measured is what gets done.”
“Not all business problems respond to “get bigger.”
“It’s unlikely that you’re going to win this race with a bunch of C players on your team. Yet most of us tolerate C players.”
“We tend to get what we tolerate, and what most of us are tolerating is mediocrity”
“You can sell millions of books if you try to tell people, “Here’s how you can get rich doing nothing.”
“Common sense is not common practice.”
“Any time you feel passionate or excited, it’s because you’re growing, or it’s because you’re contributing.”
“I learned a long time ago that the guy with the best life is the guy with the best choices.”
“Instead of falling in love with our product, why don’t we fall in love with our customers?”