Shoulders Of Titans Podcast Interview #013 with Jeff Hoffman.
Jeff Hoffman is a successful entrepreneur, proven CEO, worldwide motivational speaker, Hollywood film producer, and a producer of a Grammy winning jazz album in 2015. In his career, he has been the founder of multiple startups, he has been the CEO of both public and private companies, and he has served as a senior executive in many capacities. Jeff has been part of a number of well-known companies, including Priceline.com. uBid.com, CTI, ColorJar, and more.
Today Jeff serves on the boards of companies in the US, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia. He supports entrepreneurs and small businesses on a worldwide basis, serving on the global board of directors of Global Entrepreneurship Week (supporting entrepreneurship in over 130 countries), the US State Department’s GIST program (Global Innovation through Science and Technology, working in 49 emerging nations), the APEC Startup Initiative (the Asia Pacific Economic Council’s 21-member nation association), and many others. He supports the White House, the State Department, the United Nations, and similar organizations internationally on economic growth initiatives and entrepreneurship programs.
Jeff is a frequent keynote speaker, having been invited to speak in over 50 countries. He speaks on the topics of innovation, entrepreneurship, and business leadership, and is the author of the book SCALE, a how-to guide for growing your business. Jeff also teaches innovation workshops to major corporations on a regular basis.
Jeff is a featured business expert seen on Fox News, Fox Business, CNN, CNN International, Bloomberg News, CNBC, ABC, and NPR, and in publications including Forbes, Inc., Time, Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal, and more.
Jeff received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the national CEO council for his contributions to the field of entrepreneurship, and he received the Champion of Entrepreneurship Award from JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, and Rising Tide Capital, as well as receiving the George Brown Award for International Cooperation.
Outside of the world of technology, Jeff has produced movies in Hollywood, has produced musical events including concerts, tours, and charity events with such artists as Elton John, Britney Spears, NSYNC, and others, and serves on numerous charity and non-profit boards.
To learn more about Jeff Hoffman visit: www.jeffhoffman.com
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- The insider secrets to the “Britney Spears Go-To-Market Strategy” that apply to any business that wants to dominate a market… without being the top performing company in the industry
- How to get inside the mind of your top paying customers through “Market-Immersion Research”… and the one key question an entrepreneur must know (because this question guarantees a hot, money-making market!)
- The secretive group of the world’s “most inspiring entrepreneurs” – you’ve never heard of it
- How to instantly spot a business owner that’s become a bottleneck to their own business… discover why this is not always a bad sign, in fact, this could be great news
- The “Cashless Exercise” strategies for acquiring veteran, all-star talent… this amazing strategy creates win-win situations that your company and the new talent is guaranteed to benefit from!
- “The Forgotten Fundamentals Of Scaling Profitability” – including the secrets of successful product velocity, product margins, to massively grow your business and more
- Uncovering how to spot and monetize a “billion-dollar idea”… Rare insights shared by a billionaire who has been there and done that himself using this exact strategy
- The “3 Stage Road-Map” to successfully start with an idea then grow to a billion dollar company
- When to stick to a promising, BIG idea when experts are saying: “There’s no way!”… Revealing how Wal-Mart profited hugely from shocking strategies despite Wall Street experts telling them “It’s suicide!”
- The fascinating habit of “Cross-Industry Innovation Tracking” of the world’s most successful entrepreneurs… and why “non-successful entrepreneurs” often miss-out on this crucial habit
- The ultimate incentive for motivation and compensation to attract amazing talent
- And much, much more!
Full Transcript of Interview:
“Is there value that people would pay more money than what you spent on the product?”
“The more things that are geared around you personally as the owner, the slower your business is. You’re the bottleneck. You’re the inefficiency in the system. So you got to design yourself out of it.”
“My job is to look out into the horizon and look to where to steer the ship next.”
“Your job is to design yourself out of a job, functionally. You have a much more important job culturally.”