Shoulders Of Titans Podcast Interview #028 with David Greer:
While still in university getting his degree in computer science, David Greer joined Robelle Solutions Technology as the first employee after the founders. After joining Robelle, he got permission from his 4th year professors to take a week off so he could fly to an international conference to give his first ever technical presentation.
During David’s tenure as co-owner and President of Robelle, he traveled the world giving a new presentation every year, building Robelle into one of the world’s leading provider of HP 3000 solutions.
David has continued to dedicate his career to simplifying and explaining technical and management concepts to government and commercial organizations, their employees, and key stakeholders. Since leaving Robelle in 2001, he has been an investor, consultant and employee to a number of technology companies, focusing on turning ideas into products, messaging and results.
David now works directly with entrepreneurs to help you accelerate your business growth and achieve your next level of results—in business and in life. Spend one hour reading his book Wind In Your Sails, attend a one hour talk with him, or get one hour of 1-to-1 coaching and you will have 3 concrete action items that will shift and accelerate your business within 90 days.
In his spare time, David enjoys the beauty, water, and mountains of the Vancouver area, while taking occasional adventure breaks with his wife, Karalee. David and Karalee are committed to their three children, spending time supporting them in the many and varied activities they are involved with, including skiing together as a family in Whistler, BC.
When not writing books, coaching, or speaking, you might find David hiking the Himalayan Mountains of Nepal or sailing across oceans.
To get in contact with David Greer, call (604) 721-5732 or email email@example.com
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- How to revolutionize the world by solving BIG real-world problems… all by looking closely at a few specific areas of your own business
- The one thing every entrepreneur MUST do to reach all your goals for the next three years with pinpoint accuracy
- How to become a world-renowned thought-leader and get paid to travel and speak around the world… all while generating massive revenues for your business
- Why a little-known “scientific-approach” is the secret to creating disruptive technology that brings success above 99.9% of all entrepreneurs
- The step-by-step guide to meeting a business coach who knows EXACTLY how to unlock your personal potential and take your business life to the next level
- How to use quickly and easily leverage “education-based marketing” to grow a dominant, global brand
- The empowering truth of how entrepreneurs are “wired differently” from the rest of the population and how successful entrepreneurs see their place in the world
- How to live in strategic mode rather than fire-fighting mode… even if you’re just starting out in business
- The proven-process to discovering real deep market needs with a simple series of “three-letter questions”
- The fundamental difference between business school and the real world of business
- How to create breakthrough corporate strategies that get results using an “Annual Success Blueprint Of A High-Performance Management Team”
- And much, much more!
Visit David Greer’s Website: www.coachdjgreer.com
Full Transcript of Interview:
“Wind In Your Sails: Vital Strategies That Accelerate Your Entrepreneurial Growth” by David Greer
“Slow down to speed up” Keynote by David Greer
“Scaling Up” by Verne Harnish
“One Page Strategic Plan Template” by Verne Harnish
“You as the entrepreneur always have the biggest lever on the business.”
“I think entrepreneurs by nature are just wild and crazy people. We should give ourselves permission to be wild and crazy.”
“We all suffer from this. We tend to work in the business rather than on the business.”
“There’s a limit to how much a school can emulate the real world. Also, schools give you the problem already dissected.”
“A lot of the art and where you become a tech entrepreneur is building your skills in identifying problems and understanding deep needs from wants.”
“When you’re solving great needs, you’re usually in great shape.”
“Why do entrepreneurs need a coach? We are completely blind to ourselves. We need someone to shine a light into the dark corners that we don’t want to look into.”
“I work better with entrepreneurs with scar-tissue.”
“How do you want to show up in the office tomorrow?”