Shoulders Of Titans Podcast Interview #047 with Carl Gould:
Carl Gould is an authority on business growth who advises organizations to grow to the next level for ultimate small business success. He is an entrepreneur who built three multi-million dollar businesses by age 40. His consulting firm, 7 Stage Advisors, has mentored the launch of over five thousand businesses. He has advised over 100 of the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest-Growing Companies, and currently works with the 9th fastest-growing company in NJ.
Gould created the farthest-reaching business mentoring organization in the world, and his methodologies are in practice in 35 countries. He has trained, certified or accredited over 7,000 Business Coaches and Mentors since 2002.
Carl has written multiple books on the subject of business strategy, leadership and sustainable growth. He co-authored “Blueprint for Success” with Stephen R. Covey and Ken Blanchard; and his best-selling book, “The 7 Stage of Small Business Success”, lays out the formula for HyperGrowth.
In 2016, Biz Dev Done Right became a #1 Best Seller on Amazon. Each week he co-hosts “Quit and Get Rich” on iHeart® radio; and shares share his insights from working with top companies from around the world. You can learn more about Carl and his firm at www.7StageAdvisors.com.
Carl’s dynamic and energetic presentation style has made him one of the most sought after speakers internationally. He combines practical and impactful content with real-world experience…no theory here! He engages his audiences and keeps them on the edge of their seat. Gould’s content is original, profound and battle-tested…his stuff works!
Carl Gould: Entrepreneur-Author-Speaker
Here are a few highlights in Carl’s career. He has…
- Built 3 multi-million dollar businesses by age 40 and teaches small business success
- Created the world’s farthest-reaching business mentoring organization
- Founded the International Association of Coaches (IAC)
- Certified/Accredited in Coaching, Facilitation, Leadership, Human Needs Psychology, NLP (Neuro-Linguistics Programming) and NAC (Neuro-Associative Conditioning), Tele-Conference Leadership, Organizational Lifecycles, Behavioral/Values/Axiology Analysis through such organizations as:
*International Coach Federation
*Institute for Independent Business
*Dale Carnegies Companies
*Target Training International
*Robbins Research International
Visit Carl Gould’s Website: www.7StageAdvisors.com
Topics Discussed In This Interview:
- The unusual language patterns of Richard Branson revealed – here’s the real reason Sir Branson has been rich and famous for decades
- Why only 4% of all entrepreneurs make over $1 million in sales a year… and what’s stopping the other 96% from getting there
- How to triple your prices overnight using The Starbucks Method… this strategy also works in hyper-price sensitive or competitive markets
- The 5 things to look at when building a billion dollar business – Carl reveals how looking at these five problems is exactly how Netflix, Zappos, Hyundai and others created their legendary brands
- The two types of entrepreneurs who win every time (and work on becoming one or the other because really, there are only these two)
- The 7 stages of building a successful business – follow this step-by-step roadmap and reach your business’s highest destiny
- Why your #1 greatest entrepreneurial trait can also cause the death of your business over time – it has nothing to do with letting go of control, but everything to do with one type of dangerous thinking
- The 4-letter word that separates great intrapreneurs from becoming amazing entrepreneurs
- The scary reason why good businesses with proper margins fail in a good market with a lot of demand… you want to avoid this at all costs
- And much, much more!
Full Transcript of Interview:
- “The Seven Stages of Small Business Success” by Carl Gould
- Carl’s other websites: www.CarlGould.com, www.Sevenstageadvisors.com
- Free 2-hour consultation (value: $1,500.00) – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“In this day in age, if you can address those complains, you’ll beat the competition, you will eliminate them and that’s one thing I look at right away.”
“Starbucks is not an award-winning coffee blend, it’s an award-winning experience. The cup of coffee cost a dollar, but the experience they charge another 3 bucks.”
“You don’t tell the market what you are. The market tells you what you are.”
“If I have a product that I’m marketing and nobody’s buying it, it comes down in 2 things: traffic and offer.”
The expression that I use is “Most coaches take a day job to feed their coaching addiction”.
“Get used to talk about yourself, because if you’re not going to promote yourself, no one else will.”
“Don’t just disrupt your nice, disrupt the industry.”
“Your clients, your customers will pay more for the intangible value over the utility of your product or service.”
“You go to Starbucks, you pay $1 for the coffee, and $3 for the experience.”